Hit the slopes close to Hotel Born
Colorado boasts some of America’s best and most beautiful locations to ski and snowboard. Blue skies and tons of fresh powder appeal to both the novice and experienced. The perfect winter trip to Colorado includes a stay in Denver, where transportation to the mountains is easily accessible. If you’re looking for a hotel in Denver near ski resorts, we have some great options for you an hour or less away.
This mountain is practically in Denver's backyard and at 49 miles away is reachable in about an hour. You'll find fun skiing and snowboarding opportunities for every type of skill level, and there are also great learning programs for both kids and adults.
Loveland Ski Area
Travel 53 miles west of Denver to the ‘local’s ski resort’ for some of the best skiing and snowboarding conditions to be found in Colorado. This is also a great place to learn how to ski with affordable classes for all levels.
Operated by the city of Denver, Winter Park is an award-winning destination with 3,000 acres of skiable terrain. There are 7 distinct territories for every ski level, and a new Gondola to be able to access it all. There’s also dog sled rides, snow cats and tubing. And getting there couldn't be easier, just take the Winter Park Express.
Colorado Ski Vacations
If you’re able to go a little farther afield, checkout this must-ski-destinations that help make Colorado the number one destination for skiing in North America:
- Summit Elevation: 11,570 feet
- Skiable Acres: 5,289 acres
- Difficulty: 18% beginner, 29% intermediate, 53% advanced/expert
- Summit Elevation: 12,510 feet
- Skiable Acres: 3,332 acres
- Difficulty: 5% beginner, 48% intermediate, 17% advanced, 30% expert
- Summit Elevation: 12,998 feet
- Skiable Acres: 2,908 acres
- Difficulty: 13% beginner, 23% intermediate, 36% advanced, 28% expert